Friday, January 23, 2009

curls, friends, smoking, & dukers!

It's been forever!! I've been pretty busy since school started back up. However, I am taking the semester off from my masters and am super relieved about that. This group I have this semester at Rose is sooo good...they all WANT to learn & even stay late after class to study....and, I might add, they are sweet too. Makes my job much more exciting when my students have this kind of attitude...you know the kind I had throughout college...HAHAHAHA!!!
Baylee & Bryce are growing sooo much. We rolled Baylees hair for the first time last night with sponge rollers...should have seen her hair this morning...it was tiny ringlets all over...I thought it was a little too curly...a little fuzzy if you will...she loved it though & couldn't wait to show her teacher. Heck, she's cute no matter what!
Bryce is on the new kick of friends. He tells me, more when he wants something, mom, you're my friend. They are already telling me who they want to come to their birthday party...which is still 4 months away!!
I have to tell you this too. At day care we get a report everyday of how they did, what they ate, how long they slept, how many times they used the bathroom, and anything else we may need to know. Well...for the record, Bryan & I do NOT smoke, however, as most of you know, my mom does & Bryans dad does also. So at the bottom of the report the other day, they wrote a little note at the bottom of Bryce's that said....Bryce kept picking up sticks today & pretending to smoke them. I laughed & then quickly thought Oh my!! I immediatly called my mom & told her what she had taught him. Oh, the things they pick up!!
Baylee has recently informed my that she wants to be a cheerleader & she even knows the chant, Go Fight Win with moves to it...it's pretty cute!!
One more thing I have to share....I'm really putting this on here to see if my children are abnormal or if other children wonder/ask these same things. I was changing Bryce the other day & Baylee got really close to him...I thought she might be getting ready to give him a kiss....well, I was wrong. Instead, she politely asked him, "Bubba, do you like to play with your duker?" (We call "his" part a duker). I about lost it!!
That's all for now!

1 comment:

The Christenson's said...

I am cracking up over her asking him if he plays with his duker!!! That is too funny!!