Friday, August 22, 2008

ANNOYING MOTHERS

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but with school starting back it's been a little hectic. Speaking of school, I'm trying new ways of lecturing to my students & I don't think they're liking it. They just want me to tell them what they "need" to know for the test. Well, don't we all, however there have been several studies saying that active learning is a much better way for students to learn & retain what they have learned. Last year I did a lot more passive teaching with lectures & instead I tried to spice it up with class activities & case studies that they can work on in groups & really try to apply their knowledge this year. Long story short, I guess I'm going to incorporate both lecture & activities to hopefully reach every learning style. It's just frustrating!!
Nuff of that!! Baylee has completed her second week of dance & is cuter than ever. She really doesn't get into what the teacher is showing her instead her & a couple of others like to slide around on the floor....o well atleast they're having fun. Which brings me to a conversation that I overheard 2 moms saying that really made me roll my eyes. I was sitting in the lobby watching Bay in her class on the TV & these 2 moms (who appeared to be a little high maintenance in my opinion) started discussing how dancing is the only option that their girls have, Mia & Avery, & that if they decide they don't want to dance there will be consequences. They went on to say that dancing is will be their everything & that their girls may play another sport but dance will remain #1....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!??? PSYCHO!!! Oh and the girls, Mia & Avery, are only 3!! Give me a break!! They reminded me of the moms on Dr Phil who are living thru their children. My motto is & will always be with Bryce & Baylee that once they start a season or a session they must finish that & can not quit in the middle, however, if they don't like it & don't want to do it I can't even imagine forcing them to do it!!
Moving on, Bryce gets ear tubes on the Sept 2 & they may take out his adenoids too...I'm a little nervous...imagine that??? Me---nervous??!! HAHAHA!!! So say a little prayer for him please that he'll be okay. I know he will, this is sooo minor, but it's still my baby!
Well, I better get off her & head to my meeting!!

2 comments:

April Massad said...

Oh my gosh! That is so ridiculous and not surprising at all! I can't wait for Brodey to start acitivities, but I dread it at the same time!

The Christenson's said...

Okay, so I accidentally deleted our blog. I know, I know...how is the world, right? Well, once it is restored or I start a new one, I will start with that story. Cross your fingers for me that they can restore it!! I am just sick over it!!